About Learning Communities
To support Iowa State University’s commitment to student learning, the Learning Community program enhances undergraduates’ experience by providing interested students with dynamic, focused communities in which students, staff, and faculty can learn and grow together.
In the Writing Gender Learning Community, students will take three courses together during the Fall semester. Students will also build a community, studying together and planning social events with the help of Peer Mentors. Students from all colleges and all majors are welcome!
About Writing Gender Learning Community
The Writing Gender Learning Community may be a perfect LC for you if…
- You notice the intersections between gender, race, class, nationality and sexuality.
- You want to know more about these issues and be a more effective communicator on these subjects.
- You wish to satisfy 3 credits of LAS Arts & Humanities, ISU Communication, and U.S. Diversity requirements… all at once.
Steps to Register for Writing Gender
Follow these steps (with the help of your advisor at orientation) if you would like to join the Fall 2021 Writing Gender Learning Community:
- Register for Writing Gender | S148, Reference #: 9149148
- Register for the following courses:
- ENGL 250, Section 16 | TR 9:30-10:50 AM | Ref #: 3299080
- LIB 160, Section 2 | online | Ref #: 4862010
- WGS 201, Section 2 | MWF 9:55-10:45 AM | Ref #: 7058010
Questions? Contact the Writing Gender Learning Community Coordinator! Christiana Langenberg, firstname.lastname@example.org | 515-294-1655