Why Study Abroad?
Study abroad programs affiliated with Women’s and Gender Studies give students the opportunity to:
- Learn about women’s lives in different cultures
- Apply classroom topics to international settings
- Discover how gender relations differ around the world
All students, regardless of their major, are strongly encouraged to engage in an international experience at least once. The rewards are endless and enrich your educational and personal growth.
The ISU Women’s and Gender Studies Program and affiliated faculty offer several classes that are oriented towards foreign languages and literature, international development, women’s global leadership, and more.
Where to Study Abroad
- Trieste and the Meaning of Place – Italy (offered Summer 2020) Interdisciplinary global seminar in a diverse region of northern Italy. This is a faculty-led cultural immersion course where students will take an intensive 3 week Italian language and culture class. In addition, students will participate in afternoon/evening excursions to observe and participate in cultural, literary, historical, culinary, sociological, artistic expressions of “place” as defined by the Italian people of this region.
- Global Leadership Study Abroad in Sweden (offered through Leadership Studies) Earn 3-6 hours of academic credit by taking LD ST 360X “Cultural Competency and Global Leadership” and LD ST 333 “Women and Leadership”
How to Study Abroad
Financing your study abroad
Several financial aid program and scholarships are available through colleges at ISU